Location: Conference Hall, Division of Biotechnology,
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics，CAS
Time: 2016.7.3 (Sunday) 15:00- 17:00 pm
Peng Li Professor
Vice Dean, School of Life Sciences
Member of CAS
1987, B.S. , Beijing Normal University
1995, Ph.D. , University of California, San Diego
2003-2006, Assistant Professor, Department of Biology , Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
2006-now, Professor, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University
The molecular mechanism of metabolic diseases including obesity, diabetes and hepatic steatosis with a special focus on the regulation of lipid storage of secretion in adipocytes, hepatocytes and mammary epithelial cells. We are interested in lipid droplet biogenesis, fusion, growth and its structural and functional correlation with other sub-cellular organelles including ER and mitochondrial.
1. Sun Z, Gong J, Wu H, Xu W, Wu L, Xu D, Gao J, Wu JW, Yang H, Yang M, Li P. Perilipin1 promotes unilocular lipid droplet formation through the activation of Fsp27 in adipocytes. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1594.
2. Arshad M, Ye Z, Gu X, Wong CK, Liu Y, Li D, Zhou L, Zhang Y, Bay WP, Yu VC, Li P. RNF13, a RING finger protein, mediates endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis through the IRE1α/JNK pathway. J Biol Chem. 2013 Feb 1.
3. Wang W, Lv N, Zhang S, Shui G, Qian H, Zhang J, Chen Y, Ye J, Xie Y, Shen Y, Wenk MR, Li P. Cidea is an essential transcriptional coactivator regulating mammary gland secretion of milk lipids. Nat Med. 2012; 18:235-243.
4. Zhou L, Xu L, Ye J, Li D, Wang W, Li X, Wu L, Wang H, Guan F, Li P. Cidea promotes hepatic steatosis by sensing dietary fatty acids. Hepatology. 2012; 56:95-107.
5. Li X, Ye J, Zhou L, Gu W, Fisher EA, Li P. Opposing roles of cell death-inducing DFF45-like effector B and perilipin 2 in controlling hepatic VLDL lipidation. J Lipid Res. 2012; 53:1877-1889.
6. Xu L, Zhou L, Li P. CIDE proteins and lipid metabolism. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012; 32:1094-1098.
7. Gong J, Sun Z, Wu L, Xu W, Schieber N, Xu D, Shui G, Yang H, Parton RG, Li P. Fsp27 promotes lipid droplet growth by lipid exchange and transfer at lipid droplet contact sites. J Cell Biol. 2011; 195:953-963. (cover story)
8. Nian Z, Sun Z, Yu L, Toh SY, Sang J, Li P. Fat-specific protein 27 undergoes ubiquitin-dependent degradation regulated by triacylglycerol synthesis and lipid droplet formation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9604-9615.
9. Ye J, Li JZ, Liu Y, Li X, Yang T, Ma X, Li Q, Yao Z, Li P. Cideb, an ER- and lipid droplet-associated protein, mediates VLDL lipidation and maturation by interacting with apolipoprotein B. Cell Metab. 2009; 9:177-190.
10.Gong J, Sun Z, Li P. CIDE proteins and metabolic disorders. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2009; 20:121-126.
11.Qi J, Gong J, Zhao T, Zhao J, Lam P, Ye J, Li JZ, Wu J, Zhou HM, Li P. Downregulation of AMP-activated protein kinase by Cidea-mediated ubiquitination and degradation in brown adipose tissue. EMBO J. 2008; 27:1537-1548.
Contact:：Group 1830, Prof. Hai-long Piao（83004）